Bed-Stuy Crawl: A Summer Food Exploration of Brooklyn
Thank you to everyone who participated in 2012 summer's Bed-Stuy Crawl! Bed-Stuy Crawl was formed by myself alongside good friends and fellow food enthusiasts photographer Clay Williams and author Nicole Taylor. As locals, we sought to showcase the neighborhood of Bed-Stuy as more than just the home of rap legends. We offered New Yorkers a personal and curated food experience that introduce you to a corners of the area where new restaurants and bars are offering global cuisine at affordable prices, and unbeatable experiences.
In one summer we saw impressive success thanks in part to the support of neighborhood businesses', their patrons and the press.
Recapping Bed-Stuy Crawl
- 4 neighborhood crawls
- 200+ total attendees
- 35 press mentions including - but not only - Brooklyn blogs, New York Times Diner’s Journal and New York Magazine’s Grub Street
- featured posts and promotions on food/drink communities like Scoutmob, Foodspotting, With Love From Brooklyn, Not For Tourists, and Heritage Radio Network
- ~200 click-throughs on dedicated Bit.ly links
- nearly 38,000 Twitter impressions through #bedstuycrawl tweets by 50 influential users
- 60+ fans, followers, and friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Foursquare in just one week
- additional revenue for each bar visited (current tally: 7) and us, the hosts
We received a ton of positive feedback and are incredibly pleased to know that Bed-Stuy continues to get the love and patronage it deserves.
Til next time,